Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Let me finish, Bret" said President Obama, and he went on and on and on.....

I recently pre-review a video of the interview of President Obama by Bret Baier on FoxNews today (you can see it at this link). The broadcast is to be view in 45 minutes, but already from viewing this clip provided by Fox I am fit to be tied. I was hoping for something good since President Obama consented to be interviewed by Bret on FoxNews - who would have thought!!! And, I was hoping there would be no shinnegans but no way! Playing it straight was too much to hope for - he just wanted to have a platform of the conservatives and also the liberals who are tired of the bias in the media. I'm not sure what my attitude will be after listening to the complete interview, but I'm thinking maybe I'll be taking a couple of deep breathing breaths to calm down my blood pressure!!

After viewing this short clip I am wondering whether you could ever imagine in your life time our representatives are put in the position to vote for a bill without ever seeing it or knowing what is in it. Then to have the President say - if you vote no you do not ever want changes, and yes, you agree to everything - without any reservations for either decision! This is ridiculous - if I understand President Obama correctly - voting NO translates to never ever making changes to Healthcare at all - Yes, means you do want changes - President Obama's changes. To make a proclamation of that difference is obscene. Of course there are definitely many Representatives and Senators who want to make our Healthcare system better, but not at the cost or acceptance of some of the programs President Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are offering. They are not covering every American and they are jeopardising Medicare and making it worse that ever for seniors to get help - - how does that justify improving Healthcare. This president of ours is suppose to be "smart" well, he may be book smart but he is common sense stupid.

1 comment:

  1. YankeePhilip is Yankeephil.blogspot.com. Thanks for having me on your Blog list.

    ReplyDelete