Saturday, July 11, 2009

Butt watchers and Obama is a better Catholic than Pope

I find it quite amusing this morning as I read the blogs and headline news in several publication that both the female butt incident involving our President and the French president is still quite active as well as the insult to Pope Benedict and Catholics.

With regard to the Butt Watchers, there is a second photo which the press has made out to be a part of the Butt Watchers Photo Gallery which includes our President and the French President with the Italian President in the photo, but unfortunately for the Italian he was not involved in the Butt Watcher sequence. I am sure he felt left out afterwards when he realized what was going on! Does this mean the media's sacred infatuation with Obama is over and they've move on to more interesting situations with President Obama? Gee, I wonder what they failed to share from the past?

I almost fainted when I heard on Fox News yesterday afternoon that Maryland's Lt. Governor Townsend (daughter of Robert Kennedy) thinks President Obama is more of a Catholic than Pope Benedict! I've been a Catholic all my life and when I heard that statement I wondered which part of the Catholic Church she belongs to or has she started one that Barack has joined and has become the messiah? That would put to rest all the rumors of President Obama's supreme aura. We have gone from a Senator who sat in the Church listening to his pastor preach about the horrors of the United States and blame the white people and Jewish people for everything wrong in this world to that same Senator trying to make us believe he never heard the pastor preach any violent words. Now all of the sudden as President he has become a more Holier than Thou Catholic! Holy Cow! My dad would be rolling over in his grave! That's ten Our Fathers and ten Hail Marys.

Maybe we're in for a more interesting news reporting year than we expected since these Obama stimuli's are putting a strain on the world calculators and the totals aren't matching up. Butt Watching and Obama's promise to Pope Benedict to lower the abortion rate in the United States may not not be the ideal topics in the same sentence but both are interesting. Let's hope that President Obama wasn't lying to Pope Benedict about the abortion issue or his penance will be more than ten Our Father's and ten Hail Marys. Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging, just a Catholic observer voicing an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment